Wednesday, March 28

A Day at the Races

Jason and I spent Sunday at Strother Field in Winfield. It was my first time autocrossing. Jason didn't have his Miata ready yet, so we raced the Protege. (I can't believe I forgot the camara!) I was really nervous about running the course, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. Now I know why he enjoys it so much. I was very proud that I got within 10 seconds of Jason's best time. It's a very friendly competion and I even got to ride along in a Corvette on the last run. It was quite an experience.


Anthony has been enjoying his little swing on the front porch almost as much as Bella has enjoyed pushing him in it. He's growing up so fast I can hardly stand it. Eating real food, sitting in a high chair and swinging at the park, before I know it he'll be running after Bella.

3 comments:

Melanie-Pearl said...

trying to play the video...can't...want to see it...ugghh!!!

ps)sorry i haven't called you back yet. be glad you weren't around Friday night. be very glad.
it involved a refrigerator, tons of sweat-labor and drilling followed by a few-inch gap that made all of the above a mute point...
...finally it ended with #1 a hurt hand, #2 hurt refrigator (see #1), and a 20 minute time-out in the garage.
about that time is when i called you. i didn't want you to drive all that way for an oversight that was gonna last until Saturday night.
(guess i should've just emailed you by now. oh well, it's a good story now that everything's back in order...5 days later. Next time you come over, your husband will be pleasantly surprised to ruin my wood floor with stray crushed ice- chips.)

Unknown said...

I couldn't play it either -- is it still processing? See you Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had fun at the races! It is something that you guys will have to do again.

Carrie