Tuesday, June 5

Family Fun



This weekend, Jason and I took the kids up to Salina for some autocrossing and family fun. Jason raced the Miata for the last time (he's trading it this week for a Honda Civic) and I drove my Protege. We set up a canopy for shade and took turns racing and watching the kids. The kids thought it was great. They loved being outside (the weather was perfect) and watching all the cars.
My times were incredibly slow, but it was fun anyway. I was in grid next to a woman from Nebraska. Her and her husband ar retired and they go to all the divisional races just for fun. She was really good, but also very friendly. That's why I like going with Jason to these things. Eventhough people are there to compete, it doesn't mean they won't cheer you on or give you pointers if you need help. I taped a few of Jason's runs. He did fairly well, but he kept hitting cones and that adds a few seconds to your time. But, all in all a good time was had by all.

1 comment:

Melanie-Pearl said...

awww! i gotta see the little-big guy soon.

i'm glad you're getting out there and finding people to be pleasant. that sorta amazes me...usually when people are in cars they are super annoying.

our VBS starts this weekend. it's at regular church time 5:30. it's a spy theme that Bel would probably love. wanna come? (i won't be in the service for the next 6 weeks)