
Actually, I finished it quite awhile ago. I'm just now getting around to writing about it. I never was good at book reports! This book has made me take a good look at myself. I wish I could give you a taste of what I learned from this book, but there is so much I would just end up rewriting the whole book. So, you'll just have to get it and read it and see how it changes your life.
If you must have a taste, here is my favorite part.
"In fact, forgiveness is less a matter of forgive and forget than of forgive and remember- remembering in ways that bring healing. When we remember we take the broken pieces of our lives -lives that have been dismembered by tragedy or injustice-and re-member them into something whole. Forgetting an atrocious offense, personally or corporately, may not be possible, but all of us can and do make decisions about how we remember what we cannot forget."
2 comments:
Ooh..I'm putting this on my Amazon wishlist right now--Thanks!
I'm adding to to my reading list, too!
Don't think we've met at Wheatland yet. I'm glad there's another blog to read!
Post a Comment