Monday, February 18

My Week

Monday, Feb 11: Jason, me and the kids all wake up 4 am sicker then sick. The whole day is a blur, I barely remember what we did all day.

Tuesday: We're all feeling a lot better. I even get some house work done.

Wednesday: Since Bella is feeling pretty good, I take her to school. After school, Anthony gets diarrhea all over himself and throws up on me in the parking lot of Bella's preschool. I take him to my parents house and wash all our clothes. He is sick all evening. Remembering that I gave him milk, I think he might be lactose intolerant.

Thursday, Friday, Saturday: We're all feeling alright, but not 100%. Not sure why.

Sunday 12:30 am: Bella throws up all over again. She gets her bed and the floor. We clean her up and put her in bed with us. This is when the light comes on. She had had milk and yogurt at Panera after church. The reason we're all not better is because this flu has made us all lactose intolerant.

On Sunday, Jason bought us some soy milk and now we are all feeling a lot better. I have been an avid milk drinker my whole life and didn't even know the symptoms for intolerance. Unfortunately, it feels a lot like getting over the flu. Bella loves Silk soy milk and so she is enjoying the switch, Anthony does not. I don't know why, the one that is formulated for kids, tastes just like a vanilla milkshake. I'm not sure what to do for him. I might try a lactose free milk and see if he likes that. I don't know how long I will have to keep the milk at bay. We all feel so good, I'm scared to do anything to mess that up. Has anyone else ever dealt with this before?

2 comments:

Kim from Kansas said...

This is a "no comment" comment.

Julie said...

I pray your family gets completely over this bug real soon! --Z