I love you and I want to be a good servant, but getting close to your cross is difficult.
I'm not sure why. I want to say that it is just a struggle to let you die for me. But there is more. I resist responding gratefully. I resist seeing in your death the mystery of my life.
When I behold you there on the cross I see the meaning of life. You are completely who you are there. Giving your life away you receive it. The grain of wheat falling to the ground and dying.
I see the meaning of my life. To love as I have been loved by you. To be your disciple is to take up my meaning and to follow you. To receive my life only by giving it away is to bear fruit that will last.
As I embrace your cross please give me the grace to place my life in your hands and become day by day a servant of your own mission.
(taken from http://www.creighton.edu/CollaborativeMinistry/Lent/prep-goodfriday.html)
3 comments:
AC--
I hear that Isabella is sick again and Anthony might be coming down with it. Oh, I am so sorry. I thought I was over my stuff, this afternoon my fever was back along with my hacking cough and congestion. Your Mom and I should come and help take care of the kids. Maybe not--you would end up taking care of us, too.
I can at least pray for your dear family...Love, Z
this is beautiful. i am so ready for our service tonight. i think you will find deep meaning in it. (i know i feel like we missed out on Holy Sat in the Menno church)
i am so glad that you guys are coming to church so often now. it is important to me from a purely selfish point of view. i'm not saying 'you need to go to church for your family's sake'...i'm saying 'i'm glad you go to church for my sake'. hope that's okay to admit.
there's nothing better than looking back and seeing a buzz. :)
(re: the mnno comment...maybe we were just too young to understand that those around us celebrated Holy Sat? did they? anyhow, the big kids will be in with us tonite and i'm sure this is something they won't forget.)
it goes way beyond baskets and eggs.
Post a Comment