Anyhoo, this is what I've been up to this month instead of blogging.
Yesterday, I removed 4 Rubbermaid tubs full of stuff from Bella's room. We instituted a toy check-out system. She is allowed to have any 5 toys in her room at one time. The rest went into a tub in the basement. She can then exchange her 5 toys with different ones from the tub anytime that her room is all picked up. She was very excited about this plan and willingly helped with the packing. It has given her a little structure and lightened her load a bit. Her room would get so messy when it was full of toys, that she would be too overwhelmed to clean it up. Now, she has fewer things to be responsible for and I think she will be able to clean up her room by herself now. And that is one less thing for me to worry about.
I'm also painting my kitchen. I've been at it all week, but haven't managed to get it finished. The hardest part was the open pantry. Jason worried that if we took the shelfs down, they wouldn't go back up. (Yeah, plaster!) So, I had to tape around 20 brackets and 10 shelves before I could paint the walls. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. It looks very fresh and new. I've also been going crazy with the Dymo labeler. Oh man, do I love that thing.
Jason and I raced at Divisionals up in KC a few weeks ago. Here's a pic of Jason with his spiffy new tire gauge and a video of him on course.
5 comments:
What? No mention of the high sticker price of the precious tire gage? I thought for sure that was going to come out. :D
oh annie, i know! you will get your house looking so nice, and hopefully it will sell quickly. we are getting a bit desperate, hoping for a buyer soon! it'll be fun to have you in wichita! (east wichita, east wichita, east wichita!!)
Hey, there's a house for sale on the street in back of Mel's and mine. That would be really cool!!! (Sorry Michele, but West Wichita, West Wichita.)
annie--can you email me? michele_tsen@cox.net
i have a couple of food links i simply have to send to you and for some reason your email got deleted from my address book.
thanks--mt
I feel your pain! Today we are moving, or trying to at least. Everything that could go wrong HAS! My car DIED last night. Turns out that you can't leave the truck open for hours without draining the battery.
This morning we had internet installed. It wouldn't connect so the Tech guy called and they didn't do something with the switch, now its working GREAT!!!
John got a truck from work (at no cost!!) and the hydro lift won't go back up.
I have my 3 year old with me, who is so stuffy and can't breathe. At least for now she is sitting down coloring.
We still have to go to Newton and get my stuff.
Then tomorrow is my wedding shower that you have been plannng as well as all the other stuff you have been doing!!!
This makes me sleepy, wait I can't take a nap, I have to unpack boxes, clean shelves, rooms, plus so much more.
What an ending to one of the LONGEST. I need a vacation...
Post a Comment