I'm getting a little tired of having 2 blogs. I don't feel that I have that much inspiration to share with the world. Instead, I thought I would just post a recipe on here every week. It's one less blog for the three of you to read.
This recipe is an ode to my favorite food, bacon. Mmmm. I'm so mad I didn't buy any at the store this morning because just writing this post is giving me a hankering. This was my first attempt at making a carbonara. As I found online, there are a million different ways to make it. Basically, it is a pasta sauce made with bacon and eggs in some form. One recipe I found was served with a fried egg on top. I'm so making that next!
Beautiful Zucchini Carbonara
adapted from Jamie at Home by Jamie Oliver
I halved the original recipe and it was the perfect amount for my family of four.
1 Zucchini, quartered and thinly sliced
1/2 lb spaghetti or he used penne
2 eggs
1/4 c cream
handful Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
olive oil
6 slices bacon
2 sprigs fresh thyme
Start a large pot of water to boil the noodles. Mix the eggs, cream and Parmesan in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Add a splash of olive oil to a large saute pan and add the bacon. Cook until brown and crisp. Add the zucchini slices, thyme leaves and 2 pinches of pepper. Give it a stir to coat everything with the bacon flavored oil. Cook until zucchini is soft and golden.
Drain your pasta and reserve some of the pasta water. Toss the pasta in the pan with the zucchini. Remove the pan from the heat. Add a ladleful of the reserved pasta water and the cream/egg mixture. Stir together quickly. Don't put the pan over the heat or you'll scramble the eggs. Top with more Parmesan and serve.
2 comments:
this is going on my meal list. i have actually been meal planning lately, so it's nice to have some ideas! also, how do you organize your recipes? i am in dire need of a system!
I get most of my recipes from foodnetwork.com and I use their recipe box to store all the recipes I like. You can also add your own recipes.
Post a Comment