Thursday, December 3

My favorite part of my job

I definitely do not like it when anyone in my little family is sick, but when they are I go into full on mommy mode. I would love to work in the medical profession and with all the health issues my family has, I get to play nurse a lot more than you would think.

I spent the day at Wichita Clinic Surgery Center today with Jason while he got his nose straightened out. We got home about 5. We came home to a wonderful dinner made by my mom who had been watching our kids all day. (I can't thank you enough Mom) After dinner Anthony and I ran to the pharmacy while Bella stayed home to take care of Daddy. Since then I have given the following.

Jason: pain pill and antibiotic (he gets both every 4 hours during the day)
Bella: claritin, vitamin, antibiotic and breathing treatment (she's getting over a nasty sinus infection)
Anthony: claritin and a vitamin. I also changed the bandaid on his foot.
Jason: changed the bandage on his nose
Jason and Bella: took temps, both normal yeah!
Bella: delsym and benedryl (stops her cough and helps her sleep)

It's 10:15. Jason needs more pain med before he goes to sleep and his nose is bleeding again. It bled a lot at the hospital so I'm suppose to be keeping an eye on it. Nursing is fun when you only have to take care of people who you love more than life. I have the best job.

1 comment:

Melanie-Pearl said...

been thinking about you guys. hope J's getting lots of R&R and that you all can take it a little easier this weekend. ps)funny you should forget to mention how many times you were the patient in years past. i will never forget. it's probably why you'd be such a great nurse.