Thursday, October 14

Haiti

This is a photo taken by Jason on his trip this past August.

I think this picture captures the extensive need of the people of Haiti. For many, those blue tarps you see are their only shelter. I feel a great ache for these people.

It has been nearly 9 months since the earthquake hit. In America, we can pull ourselves up. We can rebuild and move forward. In Haiti, there is no place to pull up. The schools are gone. The Presidential Palace still lies in ruin.

We can't fix this.

But there is still a lot that we can do. We can give a child Christmas.

Wheatland Mission is participating in GVCM's Shoeboxes for Christmas. It is so easy for you to help. Pick up a shoebox and fill it gifts for a Haitian child. They need toothbrushes and toothpaste, body wash and shampoo. Maybe a new outfit, a pair of flip flops, a jump rope, or a Matchbox car.

If you would like to help, leave a comment and I will get you a box.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We can't wait!! We want 3, one for each of our kids.