Friday, March 25

5 Days

Things are finally getting back to normal around here. It's been over 2 weeks now since Anthony got sick.

It all started with a little chest cold that set off his asthma. We took him to the pediatrician on Wednesday the 9th. I had been giving him breathing treatments at home, but his oxygen stats were staying low. His doctor decided to admit him. She saw pneumonia on his chest x-ray. We thought it would only be for 24 hours, but it was 3 days before he was able to keep his O2 levels up on his own. He hated being on oxygen and would pull it out during the night. Then his pulse oximeter alarm would sound because his stats would drop and one of us would have to get up and put his oxygen back on. The last night they put a mask on him, he didn't like that either. The first few days he had breathing treatments every two hours, then they dropped it to every 4 hours and then to 6.
On day 3, the oral steroids and antibiotic started working and he's been doing great ever since. He must have hit a growth spurt at the same time as he went on steroids because he's been eating nonstop! When I give him lunch he asks, "What are we going to eat next?"

Satuday, the 12th, we finally made it home about 7pm. I didn't feel very good, but I thought it was just stress  from Anthony being sick. We put the kids to bed and went downstairs to relax. That's when the pain hit me full force. I had a sharp pain on my lower left side. Jason thought it was appendicitis because his pain started on the left side before it moved to the right side. Finally, at 12:30am, Jason convinced me that I needed to go to the ER. I couldn't stand up anymore because of the pain. We spent the entire night in the ER. I had a CAT scan to find what they were sure was a kidney stone. It wasn't there. The doctor admitted me because she didn't know what was wrong. Turns out it was most likely diverticulitis. I won't know for sure until I have a colonscopy next month. Oh joy. All together we spent 5 nights at Wesley.

I'm feeling a lot better now that I'm done with my antibiotic. It's nice to not be dosing out tuns of meds every day to Anthony and myself. I have been thanking God every day that we are all healthy again.

1 comment:

Jen in KS said...

I'm glad everyone is home now, too. I'll be glad to see you again at Wheatland.