Wednesday, March 14
Simply Christian
I have been listening to NT Wright this week. I'm only halfway through this speech he gave on his book Simply Christian. I think there are 7 parts. Something struck me yesterday and I had to pause the video and grab a piece of paper to scribble it down. The following is from Part 3.
"The creator God is the God of overflowing, generous love. That's what the creation was all about in the first place...."
"God overflowed with creative, self-giving love. That's why when creation went wrong it didn't, in that sense, take something fresh from God. What God had to do was overflow in self-giving love in a new way, in the person of Jesus. Now that that's done God wants to continue overflowing with self-giving love into the world and he wants to do it through you and me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment