Wednesday, May 8

I baked you a cake

The sun can't decide if it wants to come out today. As soon as I see it, it goes back into hiding. It's a good day to bake a cake. I say that every day. I was so excited to see rhubarb at the market this weekend. This is my clue that it is spring. I didn't know this since the weather has barely changed since, well, since we moved here.
Speaking of moving, here we go again. We're ditching the apartment for an attached home with a yard. In a cul-de-sac. Did I mention it has a yard? The movers are coming in 2 weeks. I have so much to do. I'm packing up the kid's room today.
It has taken me a while to process this move. When we decided to move to California, we were just going to give it a year. That seemed doable to me at the time. Now our year is up and we're still here. I don't know how I feel about that yet. That is why my blog has fallen silent as of late. I'm not sure what to say. So for now, let's just eat some cake. This recipe is from the always amazing Smitten Kitchen. You can find it here.


4 comments:

marla said...

I love your cake- your writing and your photos, annie!!!

marla said...

keep writing, annie! That other comment was from me, too!

lenaslife.blogspot.com said...

Wish I were there for the cake, the tea and you!

Julie said...

I, too, wish I could come for a piece of cake. Must be that kind of day--I made a carrot cake today. Put WAY too much frosting on it. Oh, well. Keep writing. Enjoy California while you are there--all of us in KS wish we would have had a California kind of spring!