Thursday, May 3

Back in the Land of the Living






After a long week, the kids are finally well again. Bella got sick last Thursday and was sick for most of a week with a cold. Anthony got it later, but has recovered a lot quicker. Besides a lot of Tylenol Cold, the biggest help was the vapor bath. It's like soaking a big tub of Vick's. The kids loved it. Bella's favorite activity was putting the bubbles on the side of the tub and then I would have to guess what they looked like (e.g. a horse). Anthony would just squeel and grab a fist full of bubbles and shove them in his mouth. I can't imagine how nasty they must taste, but he loves them.


Anyhow, after a week of being stuck in the house. Bella was more than excited to go to school today. She only has 2 more weeks of school left this year. It has gone so fast. Bethel College is putting on a day camp for little kids in July where they teach them how to dance. I think she's going to love it. I'm going to have to keep her busy this summer.
Anthony woke up at 6am this morning. I could hear him growling in his crib. I went in and gave him his binky and covered him up, but he just spit it out and kept on growling for 30 minutes before he started to fuss. I put him in bed with me then and he went right back to sleep. When he was sick, he was real quiet and slept a lot but today he hasn't been quiet for more then 30 seconds. He will either growl at me or squeel really loud. It's hilarious.

4 comments:

Melanie-Pearl said...

i love the idea of Bruiser growling. a growling pumpkin. haha.

so glad you are back in the land o' the living.

guess what i get to do tomorrow? eat lunch at Pillsbury Crossing with a hundred 4th graders after we WALK the underground railroad and visit the Beecher Bible Church. jealous now?

catcha later. wanna come to church on sat? maybe we could go out after or something.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the vapor bath. They are wonderful!!!

Its amazing how fast they go back to sleep when they are close to mom, Emi was the same way when she was that age. I miss that.

Glad that all is well again...
~Carrie~

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great Mother's Day!!!

Carrie

Anonymous said...

Annie, I love the pictures of the kids and the news of your every day life. I hate to admit that I have not been visiting your home page. I intend to visit this often!

We loved having you all here this weekend. We are so blessed!

Grandma Karen