Friday, May 25

Sorry, I need to vent

This is the sign I'm considering for my front door. Does that make me rude? I had a Jehovah's Witness and some college kid trying to win a trip to Europe at my door today. The kid actually got upset when I wouldn't listen to his speech he had all planned out. I told him I would probably never get to go to Europe either and shut the door on him. I do love it when the cute little neighborhood kids come to my door. I don't always buy what they're selling, but I give them a chance. I'll look through the catalog, maybe I do need a giant vat of cookie dough. But, I'm not going to convert to someone's religion or send anyone backpacking through Europe just because they came to me. So, if your knocking on my door when I trying to get my baby down for a nap and I haven't even had enough time that day to shower, you had better be short and supporting your school! That's all I can say.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you order them in bulk?!? I don't think that it is rude. I had some of "those people" help me shovel my drive-way this winter, I thought that they would NEVER stop coming by my house to share the word of Jesus with me.

We may be stay at home moms, but we are very busy stay at home moms!!

Carrie

Melanie-Pearl said...

We had a Chem-lawn guy come to the house the other day when Mason was sick. He sat in his car for a long time...picked his nose and after leaving me paranoid for 20 minutes decided to get up and come to the house. Guess what his sign said? He left it on the lawn: "Your yard deserves better than this."

Seeing as how we just put our yard in last fall, from seed, have dumped two packs of fertilizer and run a sprinkling system (that we installed no less)on it...the perfect carpet of a lawn obviously doesn't need any freaking Chem-lawn.

Quit insulting me, Quit selling to me on the one little piece of earth (well taken care of earth) I call MINE!

Incidentally, we missed the JW's this weekend when we were in OKC. Too bad...I could have had a lot of fun with them.