Wednesday, May 6

Nothing exciting for my 200th post

I had my long awaited doctor's appointment today. I moved it up from Thursday because I was feeling so bad.

The news... nothing.

Every test was normal. Everything. The only idea she had was that it was heartburn. Really. I have had bad heartburn the last few days, but before that it had been months. And, when I have gotten it in the past, it's been bad. But, I have never felt like this before.

I feel like I have been sedated for a week. My body does not want to move. I feel it the most in my arms. And, it's not like they don't get a regular workout, I lift and carry around a 30 lb toddler all day. I really noticed it at church on Saturday night. I can normally hold Anthony throughout the worship time no problem. This week, I couldn't even stand through worship without Little Man. I feel guilty because I don't have the energy to play with the kids and get stuff done on the house.

I asked my doctor to refer me to an endocrinologist. I can't make an appointment, she has to call and make it for me. So stupid. I'm going to have to stay on her and make sure she does it. I want to see if something is going on with my thyroid.

So now, I just have to wait. Again. I would covet your prayers. I just want my energy back.

1 comment:

Melanie-Pearl said...

welcome to the crazy club. jk.

yes, your thyroid, tiny and underappreciated gland that it is, can actually wreck all of your systems!

tell your doctor you demand a thyroid antibodies test TODAY. you don't need to see the doc for that, just need a lab ordered. i can get you the technical name once i get home.

having this test now will actually help you once you get into the specialist...you won't have to wait for the results.

i'd say you are in an emergency situation as you are an exhausted mother of 3 (sorry J ;)) and you can not afford to wait. do you want me to call them for you? i will. i can pretend to be you.

if your antibodies test shows elevation they should slap you on thyroid meds even before you get in to the spec. the spec. can advise you from there----BUT your doctor should be exahausting all options ESP THYROID because it is so easy to ID (and is most often the cause of low energy for women who have hormonal issues).

Fight like you have the energy! You pay her!