Thursday, August 6

30 Day Jumpstart

The new diet has been going ok. I haven't exactly followed it to a tee, but I've done alright. I had to share my favorite recipe from this week with you though. It's so yummy.

Peanutty Spread
I have never eaten tofu before so I bought the soft kind. It made my spread a little thinner then I think it's suppose to be. But, it tasted great anyway. I dipped my apple in it today but it's also good on jicama and it's says in the book that it's really good on fat free chocolate pudding. I'm going to try that for sure!

1 cup (about 9 ounces) silken tofu, drained
1/3 cup peanut butter
4 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons lime juice

Place tofu, peanut butter, honey and lime juice in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add a few teaspoons of water if necessary. Store in the refrigerator.

Makes 12 (2 T) servings (1 1/2 cups)

1 comment:

Melanie-Pearl said...

thanks annie! i started one this week, too---though i've already had to cave a few times. ugh. keep the pointers coming!