I had been waiting to put much effort into the potty training until Bella started school. I thought it might be easier when it was just the two of us and I just didn't think he was ready. Well, maybe I wasn't ready. So, I decided to put Anthony in his big boy pants today. He was reluctant, but he knows they're more comfy than his diapers so he gave in. I didn't have much hope. He went a few times this morning without much help, he didn't want me in the bathroom so I stood outside the door, listening. There was a lot of praise and M&M's. It was all very exciting. And then I was folding laundry this afternoon and I heard, "I need more." I went in the bathroom and he had gone all by himself and was waiting for his M&M's. He has been dry since 9 this morning. I'll ask him if he has to go and he says no. And then when he has to go he'll just go in the bathroom and go. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I think he's officially potty trained. That was too easy.
Monday, August 24
Big boy
I had been waiting to put much effort into the potty training until Bella started school. I thought it might be easier when it was just the two of us and I just didn't think he was ready. Well, maybe I wasn't ready. So, I decided to put Anthony in his big boy pants today. He was reluctant, but he knows they're more comfy than his diapers so he gave in. I didn't have much hope. He went a few times this morning without much help, he didn't want me in the bathroom so I stood outside the door, listening. There was a lot of praise and M&M's. It was all very exciting. And then I was folding laundry this afternoon and I heard, "I need more." I went in the bathroom and he had gone all by himself and was waiting for his M&M's. He has been dry since 9 this morning. I'll ask him if he has to go and he says no. And then when he has to go he'll just go in the bathroom and go. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I think he's officially potty trained. That was too easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great! I am so happy for you and for him. It seems like he is growing up so suddenly and quickly. I hope things stay dry today.
Gma Karen
Has the weather been dry and clean today?
Post a Comment