Saturday, August 1

Taking the bull by the horns


I decided this week that I'm done with feeling like crap. For a long time now I have felt really bad. I have stomach problems, heartburn and absolutely no energy. I have been to many doctors and spent tons of money only to be told that I'm perfectly healthy. Facing the possibility of having my gall bladder out, I decided to take a step back and put my health in God's hands and I told him to make the next move.

Then, Jason went on furlough and I had him home for a whole month. I felt a lot better when I had some help with the kids and just the companionship of my best friend all day. I finally was able to admit that what I was feeling was probably just stress and the result of me not taking care of myself.

I went to Wal-mart on Thursday looking for Jillian Michaels new book, but they didn't have it. Instead, I picked up the Biggest Loser 30-day Jump Start. Every day you follow a set meal and exercise plan. The diet is packed with fresh fruits and veggies and loads of protein. The recipes are low-cal for sure, but I think they will work for me. I'm going to do my best to stick to it for the 30 days. I'm not really concerned about losing weight. I don't even own a scale right now. I am just hoping that I can change my eating habits and become more active. Hopefully then I will have more energy and just feel better over all.

I started today. The first day you are suppose to take a 20 minute walk. The kids and I decided to walk to Dillon's to find some tahini. (of course they didn't have it so we bought already made hummus) We ended up walking for exactly an hour. It felt good. Now it's 5:46pm. I have a snack and dinner to eat yet and I'm not in the least bit hungry. I'm not used to eating this much protein and it's filling me up fast.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annie, I want to encourage you in your decision to trust God with your health. I think you are on to something with good eating and exercise. I think we were created to do both of these. Our current lifestyles just don't seem to match up. Keep it up. I can't wait to see how you are going to feel!

Gma Karen

Anonymous said...

Love you! You're doing great! mom

Anonymous said...

awesome...you'll have to update as you go. we always try to do something active each day, even if it's just walking around the block or the mall :).