I heard this song for the first time on Emily's blog. I just love it. This is hard for me right now. Some things are so dusty I don't know how He can make them beautiful. How he can make this good? I've peered down every road that I can see in this situation, and I don't like what lays ahead on any of them. I can only pray for God to build a new road. I don't think I"ve ever prayed like that before. It usually goes something like this, "God, FIX THIS!!"
Jason and I watched the end of Evan Almighty last night on TV. I love the part where God is explaining that when we pray for patience God gives up the opportunity to be patient. When we ask for courage he gives up the opportunity to be courageous. When we ask for a loving family, he gives us the opportunity to be love them.
When I want this life to be more beautiful, I need to look for an opportunity to make it so.
"Beautiful Things" by Gungor
All this pain
I wonder if I’ll even find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us
All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us
You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us
1 comment:
beautiful thoughts! it's amazing what happens when we do our part. love you!
Post a Comment