Monday, July 7

A Bang of a Weekend


Due to a dead camera battery, this pic of Bella is the only picture I have from the 4th. Bella had a grand time at the fireworks. We drove my parents jeep downtown with the top and the doors off. When we were driving through town, Bella leaned over to me and said, "I feel like were driving through Las Vegas." I have no idea where that came from, but it was a classic.

Poor little Anthony stayed with Grandma and Papa during the fireworks because a few hours earlier he was stun by a wasp while playing in their backyard. It was the saddest thing I've ever seen. He cried so hard it ripped my heart out. It's so hard to watch your child in pain knowing there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Then on Saturday, we came home from church to a deceased furnace, aka no AC! We survived Sat. night and my uncle came to our rescue Sunday with a window unit we could borrow for the week. We set it up in our bedroom and last night we set up the kids mattresses in the floor and had a slumber party. The kids thought it was a blast. We're getting quotes today for a new system. Hopefully, they won't be too scary!

2 comments:

Kim from Kansas said...

Oh, where did Little Man get stung? It's hard to forget what that feels like.

Good luck with the a/c fiasco!

Anonymous said...

Annie, I caught up on your blog today. I truly love seeing the pictures and reading what is in your heart. I love your heart for your family and your God. We couldn't hope for anything more for our son and grandchildren. Hope you have AC by now!

Gramma Karen